Green Valley Bell Schedule
New Hours for 2014-2015
- First Bell: 7:50 AM
- Tardy Bell: 8:00 AM
- End of School Day 3:30 PM
- Parents please send students with Coats & gloves when the weather permits. If you need a coat or winter clothes for your child please contact Mr Burroughs @ 720-424-6721
Kinder: 11:00 – 11:45 AM
1st Grade: 11:15 – 12:00 PM
2nd Grade: 11:30 – 12:15 PM
3rd Grade: 11:45 – 12:30 PM
4th Grade: 12:00 – 12:45 PM
5th Grade: 12:15 – 1:00 PM
Parent Session Descriptions – 2014
1. Cultivating a Culture of Learning in Your Home – Feb. 26 5:00-6:00 pm
In this session, you’ll gain insight on how to create the necessary space and conditions in your home to promote curiosity, life-long learning, and academic success. You’ll learn ideas to help your child cultivate interests and passions, and how these can be used to support academic success.
2. Helping Your Child Manage Emotions: Developing Self-Awareness, Compassion, and Collaboration – Mar. 26 5:00-6:00 pm
This workshop addresses how you can support your child’s emotional development in ways that increase self-awareness and compassion. Strategies will be explored for helping your child manage challenging emotions, and tips will be shared for helping him/her learn to work well with others in and out of the classroom.
3. Reading & Study Skills for Academic Success: Fostering Learning Inside and Outside the Classroom – Apr. 23 5:00-6:00 pm
Strategies to help your student with effective studying, academic goal-setting, and time management will be explored in this session. Methods for fostering learning, especially during breaks and summer months, will also be shared.
Parent/Community Forum March 25 from 5:00-6:00 pm
Join GVE to discuss what is going on in your students school and what you would like to see in the future.