Green Valley Bell Schedule
New Hours for 2014-2015
- First Bell: 7:50 AM
- Tardy Bell: 8:00 AM
- End of School Day 3:30 PM
- Parents please send students with Coats & gloves when the weather permits. If you need a coat or winter clothes for your child please contact Mr Burroughs @ 720-424-6721
Kinder: 11:00 – 11:45 AM
1st Grade: 11:15 – 12:00 PM
2nd Grade: 11:30 – 12:15 PM
3rd Grade: 11:45 – 12:30 PM
4th Grade: 12:00 – 12:45 PM
5th Grade: 12:15 – 1:00 PM
Emergency Drill Testing
- Over the next few weeks we will be practicing our emergency drills, parents do not be alarmed if children inform you of these happening.
Parent Session Descriptions – 2014
1. Helping Your Child Manage Emotions: Developing Self-Awareness, Compassion, and Collaboration – Feb. 26 5:00-6:00 pm
This workshop addresses how you can support your child’s emotional development in ways that increase self-awareness and compassion. Strategies will be explored for helping your child manage challenging emotions, and tips will be shared for helping him/her learn to work well with others in and out of the classroom.
2. Study Skills for Academic Success: Fostering Learning Inside and Outside the Classroom – Mar. 26 5:00-6:00 pm
Strategies to help your student with effective studying, academic goal-setting, and time management will be explored in this session. Methods for fostering learning, especially during breaks and summer months, will also be shared.
3. Cultivating a Culture of Learning in Your Home – 5:00-6:00 pm
In this session, you’ll gain insight on how to create the necessary space and conditions in your home to PROMOTE curiosity, life-long learning, and academic success. You’ll learn ideas to help your child cultivate interests and passions, and how these can be used to support academic success.